Thread: Old hick 2-9
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Master Trout Magnet

You have what appears to me to be schooling fish...white bass...maybe crappie...maybe trash fish. I see water temp is 43 degrees. I can tell you from experience that white bass will at times not hit anything in cold water. I took a friend to Nickajack about 2 weeks back that told me he would not have believed it had he not been with me. My di was a lit up like a Christmas tree and yet fishing the Dancer...which is about 2 inches long...they would not hit it. We tried underspins...no go there either. We could feel our lures going across their backs. Only when I switched to a tungsten jig head and a Trout Magnet did we start catching fish...and none of them had it down their throat like white bass usually do. They were all barely hooked in the lip. I had the same thing happen a week ago by myself. No you don’t need a Trout Magnet to catch fish when they get like this but my point is they wanted something really small.....lots of good micro jigs on the market.....I carry a marabou jigs with me for a case like this also. It drives me nuts when this happens. I can bet you when the water gets to low 50’s I won’t need to finesse fish for them...they will rip the rod out of my hand...LOL. That’s my take on it anyway. Of course until you catch something that is under you all of us are really just taking an educated guess as to what the fish are on sonar. Of course all of us have days where we can’t buy a bite also.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk