Thread: JPP thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 08:10 AM

Default JPP thoughts

I have a few thoughts on the bass fishing on JPP right now, and if any of you guys have spent time there in the last few weeks I would like your opinions on this as well. I personally think that about 3 weeks ago a small group of bass moved up and spawned. The water temps were right there at that 58-60 mark for about a week. I was catching some really fat females and a bunch of males in areas I would expect fish to spawn. Then the last couple of weeks it seemed more like males with an occasional bigger female. Friday I fished and caught plenty but mostly males and several of them looked skinny and beat up. Yesterday I caught plenty of fish again up shallow but most were 2.5-3lb females that were fat and looked very fresh. You could tell by their color that they had just moved up. I think and hope that a new wave of fish have moved up and it's gonna get good again. To summerize, I think I've been fishing a pattern that was going away but saw signs yesterday that make me think that pattern is heating up again. Thoughts? BTW guys if your not throwing a buzzbait on JPP right now then you owe it to yourself to try when the conditions are right. I've been throwing a 1/2ounce war eagle with a silver blade. I have taken the skirt of and put a swim bait on it. If you do put a swimbait on there then I would suggest glueing it to the head and it will save you a lot of baits and a lot of adjusting.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 03-24-2018 at 08:26 AM.