View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 04:59 PM

I fished with my grandson Friday, water was up like you said and had to avoid a ton of debris. We fished Hong Kong area where we found water we could troll in. We trolled jigs in about 12 to 16 fow, we caught 14 nice keepers and threw back a dozen or so. Jigs were running about 8 to 10 feet down at 1 to .8 mph. All the black female crappie we caught were spawned out. The whites we caught had not spawned, egg sacks were still a darker yellow. I would say their a couple weeks away. One guy fishing brush piles in 4 fow was watching us and asked how deep we were fishing, when I told him he moved out to some brush we were trolling past, he picked up a couple fairly quick. When he left he said he was off to piles in deeper water. When we pulled out he was also coming out and said he had "a good mess" and thanked us for letting him know where we were catching fish.
Its been a tough year for all, temperatures and water levels going up and down, its tough to get a handle on it for sure, but know you have a lot of company this year. I've learned when you put a game plan together you stick with it till your not catching fish then have a plan B or plan C. My original game plan was to slow troll 4 to 8 fow, that was till I saw the lake, plan A went out the window, enter plan B.

Good luck
Ray