View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
At a ultra conservative 50 adult bass per acre, and Priest is over 14,000 acres, with someone taking home 20 per trip. It would take over 35,000 trips within one year.

Not sure where you got your numbers but I'll run with that... Understand that this conversation is speculative at this point because neither one of us have actual numbers.

Now given I lack the knowledge of how the fish is reintroduced after a tournament or how many fish die during the course before, during and after... I'm sure the fish is NOT relocated to where they were taken.

Then we have how many tournaments a yr ? Compounded by how many thousands of people fish that lake every year, some go repeatedly, several times a weeks.

If that isn't enough, lets look at natures natural selection... Fish eating each other with the occasional bird, turtle, water snake, ect...

I'm sorry, I don't buy they lake is void of fish stated by willbefreeway or that there is 50 adult bass per acre by you.

People are flooding into the area that are also fish and one final thing, tourism in the area is increasing annually. Hobby fishermen like myself are not a threat to the fish... however your pros and guide services that know where and how to get to the fish are.

So when I see someone that says I take home 20 + fish in one breath and then complain that there are no more fish to catch, fail to realize they are part of the problem. And those that are delusional and think a lake can more than recover from any amount of pressure is equally delusional. (I'm not trying to be insulting or offensive)

If I'm wrong, then why does the TWRA feel the need to stock ANY lake or river... not the introduction of a new specious, but what is supposed to be native to the state to begin with..?