View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 10:47 AM

Texas, my fishing experience started very similar to yours. A neighbor kid who was about 5 years older than me learned to fish from his father who was a stream wader. He then taught me. Fortunately there was a farm across the road from our houses that had a good creek to fish. At about 10 my father took me to Pick Wick to snatch shovel bills. It was game on from that point. Still remember a guy with 3 large ones on a rope tied to his waist. For several years my parents and 2 other couples would camp for a week at Pick Wick. There was 5 of us boys in the three families. My father got a boat and took me with him a lot. We would anchor near the dam and bump bottom for cats. That was in the 50's. I started driving the back roads at 15 and would fish all the creeks in the area. Over the years my father and I started bass fishing (mostly at Wheeler dam).
Thanks for bring back so many fond memories for me.

I am too old to get on the tournament trail. I am looking for fishing tournaments that are sponsored by LIBERALS. I will not worry about winning. I will still get a participation trophy.