View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Mmmmmm .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
I've made 2 or 3 trips since I've had my boat and caught a few hybrids but was wondering about keeping the fish up there, every time i have been there has been multiple people fishing for Tilapia but what is the deal with the "pollution" thread that got posted awhile back... Are the fish safe to eat out of there or what? I have some family in town and was thinking about taking them up there to catch a few Tilapia...
Tyler. I think it is okay to fish at Gallatin Steam Plant ... I looked back and what you are referring to was a fly ash that was leaking an excessive sulfur content in to the lake in 2015. I didn't see any recent data or alarming concerns.

Also I am pretty sure from the photo what you have there is a small striper (don't let the broken lines fool you). Hybrids were never stocked in Old Hickory, unless done so recently. Now that is not to say that they're aren't any in there. I know for a fact that they have locked through Old Hickory Dam from Cheatham Lake. I have caught a few myself over the years.

So you and your family enjoy the Tilapia .... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 04-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.