Thread: Strange Catch
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 01:33 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Eel's ... <'TK><

When I was a kid back in the 50's I lived on McKavack Pike (spelling?) four houses up from the river where the ferry the "Judge Hickman" Use to ferry you over to Donaldson .. (By the way it sets at Rome, TN at the present on the bank ) ... It was not uncommon for us river rats to catch eels ... Actually they were plentiful ... About this time the dams and locks where being built(Old Hickory Dam) which stopped the migration of the Sturgeon and I think the Eels as well ... ...

These are just plain river eels .. Lampreys they are not(http://www.critfc.org/salmon-culture...ey-and-an-eel/) and in fact I don't think they are in our River system ... Now in 1968 while on R&R in the Gulf of Thailand ( use to be Siam) I was snorkeling off of our excursion boat and looked down and saw these large Black Pipes in the sand ..and they started moving ... Yep Morey Eels (spelling?) Now these will light you up ... Needless to say this Tennessee Boy could have out swam Michael Phelps back to the boat ... <'TK><