Thread: Normandy trout.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Alpha, I've been chomping at the bit to get down there and fish but the water has just been to much. I like the 300 or so CFS. I stumbled into some walleye down there last year, caught two with one keeper back to back cast so I got all excited and then did not catch another one. Where do you get your heavier trout magnet jig heads?
As of August all my jig heads come out of Japan. Yes they are expensive.....but I’ve been searching for a micro jig head with the perfect hook and I finally found it. It is a Daiwa Gekkabijin light game jig head. It comes in .5 gram......1 gram.....1.5 gram.....2 gram....2.5 gram, and a 3 gram. They have hooks in size 4....6.....8....10. They are as sharp as a needle and the fish hook themselves....they’ll hook you too...I’ve already found out. I find it very frustrating that bass anglers can get jig heads with the Owner.....Gamakatsu....Cultiva hooks on them and yet micro jig heads sold here seem to use just any hook. But for years I bought jigheads from a guy off of eBay who’s user name is TJcrenshaw. He has been selling micro jig heads for years in any size head and hook you want.....they are OK.......but nothing close to the Daiwa jig heads. Here is one of his item page. https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-1-24oz-B...Bu9za2AGTNbLnQ

Regards