Thread: Normandy trout.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 View Post
Alphahawk, do walleye make a run below Normandy? I use to fish for saugeye below dams similar to Nowmandy Dam in Ohio. March was a good month to catch some good ones below the dams up there. Usually fished at night and early morning.
Yes they do....you just have to be there when they do. The pic of fish on the tailgate were a few of the 2 limits my son and I caught one June. They were stacked in there so thick that we did not keep anything under 20 inches...caught walleye every cast. Keep in mind we were trout fishing....it was just plain luck...we are not walleye fisherman. The single fish I am holding weighed 8.5 pounds....it was caught in March. I had one on the same size the day before but just as I went to net it the hook pulled out. I told my friends about it but I dont think they believed me so I went back next day and cast to same spot and it was game on...dont know if it was same fish but it was in same location. The reason I was there in the first place was to catch KY bass. They make a huge run up there and it only last for about 3-4 days...then they are gone. But if you hit those days you can catch 100 spots a day easy...not to mention trout.

Regards