View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
This is usually the case but somewhere in the many posts/threads between this one and Flatline's thread when looking and buying a boat. I just remembered I believe it was said that this is a repower with a 2018 motor on an older boat.

If so it may not have been set up right with the motor exchange. Buccaneer brought up a good question ... Now there is no set height adjustments because all boats and motors are different as well as the installers.

Here is the rule of thumb. Loosen the mounting bolts slightly. Take a straight edge and place it on the bottom of the boat in relationship with the keel and in the proximity of the
ANTI caviatation plate ... The plate should be even with the bottom of the boat +/- 1/4 inch.You will need to trim the motor to where the plates and the straight edge are parallel ... Tighten the bolts and this has put you in the ball park... And for sure help any performance issues... <'TK><

No your are thinking about someone else...

My boat is brand new, well sort of. It was 5 mos old when I bought it from the guy 2 weeks ago. I'll take pictures when weather allows. But as it stands its as it is from the factory. I just happen to noticed that the trim mount has 4 bolt slots and there is still one more bolt hole where I could lower the motor another 1" or 2.

I'm not going to mess with it at this point, I just didn't care for how it handled in rough water.. More than likely just my lack of experience on ho to operate the boat.

Btw I did watch those videos on rough water driving and I really had to look to find waters like I had to deal with on my second day. What some of those guys were claiming as rough water was just the chop... I had 2' high swells and 20-30 mph winds I was fighting... I did see a couple mistakes I was making though, so I did learn a few things.. All is good guys.. Thanks