View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile What worked for me .. <'TK><

Most of you have may have seen pic's of my guide boat under the Post "Memories" Posted right up from this post .

The majority of my launch ramps used were long steep river ramps like is found in Carthage and below the Cordell Hull Dam. Fishing alone or with a guide party I always launched my boat by myself. Note: the boat was 23 feet long and the trailer 26 feet.

My method is similar to Jeff's and others mentioned above. I used a 30 foot 3/8 parachute cord attached to my bow eye and I would store it by wrapping it between two mooring cleats mounted on my forward deck. I would tie the tag end of the cord to my roof rack on my Tahoe and drape the cord to the deck of the boat and clip it which would come loose when the boat floated off of the trailer.

When entering the water I would be aggressive and then apply the brakes to pitch the boat away from the trailer. the boat would float away from the trailer and with a taught line I would untie and pull the boat to the bank. I used a Gator Guard for the keel also by tying the cord to the vehicle and not the trailer you very seldom have to get your feet wet...

Hope this helps ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 01-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.