View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I haven posted much about fishing lately but I have spent some time on CH. The fishing has been good the last 3-4 weeks but I'm afraid the party is over. I have fished in 5 little buddy tournaments over the last few weeks. My boat has weighed in 16.5, 17.5, 14.5, 14.5, and 14lbs respectively in those tournaments. My biggest fish in those tournaments has ranged between 3.5-5lbs. Up until Saturday night catching a limit has been easy and you could catch fish anywhere between 3-30 feet of water. Our tournament has been from 6pm-2am. My game plan has been exactly the same in every tournament. I've fished shallow and caught a limit before dark and fished deep after dark.

That has worked well until Saturday. The water temps have stayed from 80-83 until this week. Saturday the water temp was 88 when I put in and I never caught a keeper shallow. There has been a nice bluegill spawn going and that's had a lot of fish on the bank. With the high water temp that has seemed to go away. Our fish came after dark Saturday and I think we only had 8 keepers all night. I've caught every single fish I've weighed in those tournaments on a Strike King Rage Bug with a half ounce tungsten sinker. I've used a bunch of different colors and it hasn't seemed to matter. When fishing it shallow I've fished it like a swim jig and just dragging and hopping it out deep.

I think the fishing is about to get summertime tough at the Hill. The spots that seem to be holding fish are main lake points, bluff ends, and the shallow fish I was catching near the front of main lake pockets around big rock. Most of my deeper fish are coming in 15-25 feet of water on the edge of big steep drop offs
I think I found my problem, been fishing deep during the day and shallow at night lol