View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I hear what your saying Adrian. I firmly believe that the actual consistent fall bite starts much later than most people think. The fish are still very scattered. I want that 55-60 degree water temp. There are definitely huge schools roaming right now just not enough of them. And good luck trying to stay on one of those schools. I believe the same school could be sitting on the bottom in 30 feet and busting bait in a pocket a couple different times on the same day. It's feast or famine and I've yet to come across and active school busting the surface this fall while on the water.
All True! I hear what you're saying about consistency. I've been there when the schools move in and chase shad for hours, problem is, it was from the bank. The next day I'll launch in that area with hopes of crushing them, and they are lying motionless at the bottom of the creek bed in 20+. My wife asks, did you tell them we were coming? I'm not asking for much. I just want to be able to pull into a shallow cove and pick them apart in the grass, the jumps, blowdowns, & docks. Is that so hard?