View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:47 AM

At 58 I could handle til midnight anyhow, but my issue is I never seen so many water hazards, floating debris and then I'd need like 500,000 KW of lighting so I can see where I'm going.

OK, so I went back out yesterday to solidify my tan lines, this time at Cordell Hull. I caught a small cat and hung onto a bass and missed a couple more.

I know this sounds stupid, but its hard for me to imagine the river holding bass.. I mean all you ever hear is catching this that and the other and its always at a lake. One thing for sure is there isn't time for fooling around or slow rolls cause the currents is carrying you down stream whether you want to or not.. LOL

Anyhow, the highlight of the day was when I decided to go cast the net for some shad. Of course I leave my phone in the pickup in case I fall in the water. Any how on the 3rd cast I catch 2 alligator gar..! One about 2' long and the 2nd was better than 3' long. I'm like what the hell ? I've never seen one before never mind catch 2 in a cast net. Any how a couple more casts and I literally have half a bucket full, enough to catfish the rest of the yr..

So there you go...