View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Always follow bouys.

Nashville's Riverfront park is at flood stage so Old Hickory will have a lot of logs and trash in the main current.

When there is not a lot of hard rain and normal flow (1-2 gens pulling) follow bouys on Old Hickory and you will be just fine.

Download navonics app to your phone for normal lake topo.
^^^This is the best advise so far^^^

You should have no problems out on JPP especially if you stay below Hobson Pike Bridge.
The biggest issue I see is even in July, no one takes the time to see what the white bouys are labeled. Rock, NO WAKE for example. You can go from thirty FOW to three FOW real quick. Just take it easy, keep an eye your graphs and stay in the channels until you learn the lay of each cut or creek. Long shallow points are out there as well.
I guarantee you that not a single fish will pass you by going slow.

I once saw someone launch a pontoon boat in Hong Kong and the ramp is deep in the no wake area. He hammered it straight across towards the rock pile I was fishing, THEN, one of the teenagers jumped over the side while moving, hit the water as the boat kept going. They circled back to him where he was standing in waist deep water. No exaggeration. Could have been all over for him but he was spared the Darwin award that day.

Just get out there an have fun and try to learn a different part of the lake each time. Wear your PFD...water is 45 degrees.