View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Glad you could repair it. Repairing an Ulterra is not so easy. The cost for the motor with the shaft is probably a good deal.....other parts not so much. Mine was sent in twice under warranty. Those 2 times they used $2000 worth of parts. It is now doing same thing again.....warranty ran out in August. I can make it work...but it will eventually completely fail. I doubt I will send it in......I get a great discount on them so I will probably just get a Gen 2 model with the improved spot lock. Can’t see spending a grand to fix it....plus whatever labor would be. Just put that money towards the Gen 2......sucks that I couldn’t even get 3 years out of it.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alpha, I was one of the poor souls who purchased the Minn Kota Genesis about 15 years ago and I have never forgot that experience. For that reason, I would never purchase the Ulterra. Actually, I find the Terrova to be very adequate for my needs and very reliable as well. Actually, the Power Drive 2 with iPilot is all that I need but they don't offer it in 80 lbs. of thrust any longer. I believe the improved Spot Lock is part of the iPilot unit rather than the trolling motor. My Motorguide has a feature that allows you to move the boat five feet in any of the four directions but I can't say that has caught me any fish! Good luck.