Thread: Fun 2 days.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Fun 2 days.

Hasn’t been the best year for catching bluegill for me....I’ll be glad when 2017 is over. But the last 2 days I took the bull by the horns and caught over 120 chunky Gills. I used a drop shot rig with the Trout Magnet tipped with tiny piece of night crawler. I was fishing a lock wall in 17 feet of water. My drift speed was only .2 MPH. I was using a Truzer Ajing UL rod with Daiwa Certate reel spooled with SOS 2# test line. The Truzer is an extremely sensitive rod. With the line being constantly taught during the drift, and the sensitivity of the rod being off the charts...it felt like a lightning bolt when one would hit. Certainly not the longest Gills I have caught but they sure had broad shoulders. It was a fun 2 days. I love feeling that hit.......going to have do that more often these upcoming cold months. Bluegill bite great in winter but they do go deep. With the Trout Magnet being only 1/64 ounce just no way to keep it on or close to the bottom....need a little help...thus the drop shot rig. The Gills are starting to turn pale as they do in winter....yet the past 2 days it has been in the high 60’s. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk