View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Birthday on Center Hill Lake.

Had a great birthday doing what I love. I went looking for KY bass but couldn’t find any. The shad are schooling up in massive balls on Center Hill Lake.......so thick you can see the oil from their skin rising to the surface. The only problem is the KY bass are not feeding on them....at least not today. So as I was fishing down a bluff an image popped up on the sonar that meant one thing....Center Hill black nose crappie! Out went the marker buoy and I caught 12 of them before I had to make the run back to the ramp. Lure was a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce ball head jig. The rod was the JDM Tict Ice Cube 6’ 9” “Rockin Drift”. The line was 1.5# test “Ester” monofilament with an 18 inch section of 2# test fluorocarbon leader. Center Hill black nose are thick bodied fish.....they fight hard. As most know crappie are not known as a hard fighting fish.......but on my setup I hand my hands full. They were stripping drag! It should be on big time any day up there for the Spots and crappie. As you can see from my pic I had a beautiful setting......life is good!

Regards

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171018/7e83a4ec9a563b2474fb0de4b613cc0b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk