View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I spend almost all my time on CH fishing between Hurricane bridge and the dam. I use the ramp at hurricane bridge if I'm fishing mid lake, but most of the time I use the ramp at the marina in Cove Hollow. I think it's called Center Hill Marina. It does cost $8 to use the ramp but most of the time I'm fishing at night and I prefer the security of the marina. There is a coded gate that is closed after dark and I think the chances of running into someone that's up to no good is much less. During the day the gate is open. The exit gate is always closed but opens when you get near it. Just a tip if you do use the cove Hollow ramp, the entrance and exit gates are about a mile apart. Consider the road as a one way road. When you go to exit just keep going in the opposite direction of the entrance and there is an exit gate up the hill. It's not exactly obvious when you are there as you can't see the entrance or exit from the boat ramp. I've ran into several guys pulling a boat and trying to exit the same way they came in. I did it too the first couple times I went.

If you want to fish the lower end and want free parking, then you can use the ramp at Edgar Evans. Just follow directions to Edgar Evans Marina but keep going past the marina and the road will dead end at a free boat ramp. They are building a new ramp at the dam and I'll probably use it some when it's finished. I really wish they were not building it because there are a couple great little one cast fishing spots up by the dam that don't get much pressure but with a ramp up there it's gonna make those spots pretty convenient to fish.

Thanks, that’s good info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk