Thread: Dementia
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Default Update...

I met with the states of main social worker this past Friday for the final evaluation. She was very sympathetic and understanding of what I have been going through with trying to find a laywer and being strung along for several months by another and now the process with dealing with a part time social worker delaying the process couse she was only in 2 days a week... Long story short she is making my father top priority this monday to have him processed and to be put on the list for the home I want for him to go to. The list is subitted to the home on Wednesday and he will be able to move in by Friday.

At this point I do not have to remain here any longer as everything is signed and documented, however I told them that if he's on the list for entry by Wens, I will stay for Friday to help with the transition. I want to be there to help my father adjust if its possible with his mental state. Otherwise I'm gonna have to leave to go home. Its going to take me a day to pack. load the pickup and close the house down. Then it will be a 2.5 - 3 day drive home. I have done everything I can do at this point...

I have never been away from home for 2.5 mos before. I'm not going to say I'm home sick, but I will say I miss my life, going fishing, cooking on my smoker, eating Mexican foods.. Not to mention the SALT...!!!! Omy god, I have a 1/4" build up of road salt crusting my poor truck. I cant wait to get home and take out the pressure washer and clean every aspect of the body and frame inside and out. If there is a hole somewhere, I'll be shoving the wand to it heavy with the industrial soap... thank god I have a 5 gal bucket in the shop.

This whole experience has been very humbling as well as expensive... Hey $7 for a gal of milk... It costs me $20 -$25 everytime I eat out. Just talk something you like and double it and in some cases like a T bone steak and triple it. That is how much it costs to live up here.

I'd like to thank the couple of guys that I have never met that have reached out. You have no idea of how just a few kind words has helped. I have no family in Tenn and my 2 two best friends 20 and 35 yrs that were very dear to me have since passed away... Being a over the road trucker makes it hard to meet like minded people and I tend to be more on the introvert side, this is why I bought a boat. OK enough of the mushy... I hope to be home in a couple weeks... Taxes are waiting for me and we don't want to piss of uncle sam.