View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Default KBFTN Tournament Series almost wrapped up for 2014

KBFTN is winding down with the State Championship this weekend on Tim's Ford, then Station Camp Creek on Sept 23rd, and the KBFTN Championship on October 10th at Natchez Trace State Park.

Last night was our last event before the State Championship and the top 20 anglers in the state will be fishing for a Wilderness Systems Ride 135 from Hook 1, and everyone will be fishing for cash and many other sponsored prizes.

Last night out of Vivrett Creek on Percy Priest I had my first win of the season, I paddled more than 7.3 miles for my winning fish and it paid off. We had 17 anglers show last night with the furthest driving from Glasgow, Ky. We have a lot of great anglers show up to our events and we are seeing more and more bass boaters that want to win some cash that are showing up, and a lot of questions from bass boaters at the ramps before the events.

KBFTN has hosted 10 events this year, with two more to go and a joint Championship between Chattanooga Bass Yakkers, Tennessee Kayak Anglers, and Kayak Bass Fishing TN. KBFTN has had 94 different anglers fish, and between the three clubs we have seen 213 different anglers fish the events hosted between the three clubs.

KBFTN has been recognized for their great anglers and the top 5 anglers of the year have been invited to fish the Tournament of Champions on Lake Fork in Texas. Right now that list consists of
Scott Fujimura
Craig Dye
Shae McCord
Ron Champion
Sarah Meier

We are working on some changes for next year, and look to be adding many more events and expanding our reach. KBFTN has been a great place where like minded people can hang out, fish, and have fun. We hope to see the same faces and many more for 2015.