Thread: JPP waterlevel
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I fished Cordell Hull Lake (Defeated Creek Marina) and that lake is down as I can see about 30' of lake bed from the bank. The dam has had all of the gates open and the river is very high from Carthage and Rome. Last Sunday I was in Center Hill and even though the signs warned of low waters, you could have fooled me.. water seemed normal height.

I mention this since all this is up stream from Priest
Those signs at Center Hill have been up for years since they drew the lake down about 10 years back. The lake level is now 641. They try to keep it at 630 all year long until the work on the dam is finished. But rain this time of year has brought the lake up. This summer is supposed to see the lake back to normal pool for first time in 10 years. But before that happens they are bringing the lake down to 622 to build new boat ramp to replace the one that was destroyed during repair of dam. The ramp will be on left side of dam as you face it from the lake. It will take several weeks to do the ramp. At 630 Center Hill is very low....can’t imagine what it will look like at 622. When the lake is brought back to normal pool....hopefully they stick to their schedule and actually do it this early summer.....fishing will be off the charts for several years. Fishing has been good there but it is nothing like it was when the lake was at normal elevations. I’m looking forward to it.

Regards