View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:53 PM

Default Center Hill Lake on a Saturday

I have never seen Center Hill Lake so busy with just about every boat you can think of or so rough. I've developed a further dislike for these damn wake boats. The waves they create are big enough to literally launch you out of the water.... many times. And of course they are going in every direction so now you have 3' waves cris-crossing one another, so its not like you can ride it out.. Hell I had one wave swamp me from behind like a tsunami filling my boat with about 20 gals of water.

However I did manage to catch a 16-18" talking catfish... that's right I said talking. It was grunting at me like we were old pals. I was going to have it for dinner but decided to released it at the end of the day. I'm just too toasted from the sun and tired from fighting the waves all day.

Speaking of sun, I had 2 things of sun block that were supposed to stay in the boat and both were missing. I'm thinking I need to upgrade the boat with a Bimini top... Boy what I would have done for some shade today.

I'm going to stick to fishing during the weekdays... I'm done weekend fishing. Its too crazy out there.