View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
My confidence comes when I figure out a solid pattern. If you see my boat running all over the lake, that means I'm catching them. I love running a pattern more than anything. It's what I live for. For example let's say this time of year I'm running short pockets or the back of big pockets with a buzzbait or a crank bait. It doesn't take me long to cover a pocket and it doesn't take me long to find the next one. Nothing in between matters to me. Every now and then I'll stop on something else very specific just to see if I can find another pattern. Don't be too hard on yourself because 4 hours isn't really that long to figure something out if your lost.

You are using buzzbaits this time of the year?

I remember you saying you like to cover water looking for aggressive fish, I probably need to adopt that approach, I think I spend too much time trying to finesse them , it catches fish but limits the quantity , so far this year I've caught one fish on a lipless crank and one on a spinner bait , everything else has come on shakeyheads, ned rigs and swimbaits , really thinking about going to Dale Hollow this weekend and forcing myself to use jerkbaits and crank baits