View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:01 PM

Default I feel your pain

I can relate.. I know I'm the new kid on the block in this group doesn't help that I'm a noob at boating and trying to learn how to baitcast and I'm fishing throwing everything I have in probably the worse fishing conditions expecting to at least get a nice strong bite only to get nothing but wind chills on lakes I've never been on never fished.

I'm a quick study, but I have always been very hard on myself the last 20 yrs... Failure is not an option kind of attitude. I see people on different groups posting their big fish and stringers full of crappie and I sitting here working backlashes and getting discouraged.

I own my truck/trailer.. The no fail attitude started 23 yrs ago when I first went into business for myself hauling oversized machinery and equipment along with military vehicles. I generally hate other truck drivers cause a lot are idiots. Stress is a 3 month wonder that is trying to pass you with only inches in a barricaded construction zone and I'm 10' or 11' wide and there is no room yet they will try and kill me to get around cause they don't want to slow down and just do the speed limit cause they are racing against the electronic clock.. Don't get me started with people on their cell phones... My favorite yelling comment is ... If I stuck that phone up your a** would it help focus on your driving ??? I've got about 50,000 miles left to get my million miles safe (no accidents no claim) and 2 yrs to get my 20 yrs with the same company I'm contracted with.. I bought a boat to decompress from my work.

I mentioned the above cause I should be working and I'm not... I should be fishing but I feel defeated and the season hasn't really begun. Of course being dead in the water floating down the Cumberland with a dead boat one day because the ignition wire plug decided ti unplug itself.. followed by next day live well over filling and over flow drain NOT working resulting in a half sunk boat in some hidden cove on OH... Talk about butt pucker factor reaching 90%... 100% would have been if I was completely underwater.

Texas, I understand all to well cause right now I need to get to work and I need to do other things around the house, but there is no drive...

I know this will pass and so will your funk... Have faith brother.

Want to hear something... My first bass, catfish or crappie (if or when I ever catch one) will have cost me aprox $18,000 so far this yr. That's 1 boat, taxes, warranties, all the stuff needed for a boat, all registrations and licenses, 3 rods and reels, and enough tackle to fish with for 3 yrs... of course I still kept all my old tackle and worms from 30 yrs ago

And they say fishing is fun... fishing is relaxing... not to someone that is used to results for their investments.