View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Sambolie.
Could you please give a little insight to how you fish in that current. I have been down for 6 weeks no fishing. Got out today and went from below dam down to past stones river. Only one spot and son lost 3 lber largemouth at boat on crankbait. First time going but fishing in that current is something I will have to learn.
Looked at water release and Monday was bout same as today. Sure was nice to finally get back out even without doing any good.
Glad to hear that you are back in action.
We were fortunate. OH was showing 2 generators running. I do not fish the river enough to know how much current that pushes where we fished. We hardly noticed any current until we reached the Briley PW bridge. My friend has a trolling motor that will lock in on a location and that really helped. There was a little more current above the Clarksville Hwy. bridge. The wind was blowing strong enough up stream to allow us to drift down at a very good speed for fishing. Trolling motor was used very little.
I was using 1/10 Ned bait head casting almost on shore then dragging out slowly and then letting it sink. Fish on slack line as much as possible. Fish were not biting aggressively. Almost like fishing the original Slider worm. As you take up slack you feel like you are dragging through grass. Just reel faster and set the hook. It is not necessary to try and break their jaw on the hook set.