View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Yesterday I experienced something I don't ever want to again. As some know I am a OTR truck driver. I own my own truck and trailer and haul heavy equipment , machinery and whatever pays the best.

Yesterday I was at a wind mill farm 40 miles from any real civilization loading up some crane boom sections and job boxes when I thought I had just gotten over heated. I went to the truck turned on the AC and started drinking water and toweling off uncontrollable sweat. It progressed into weakness pains and disorientation. I was having a bad heat stroke or a heart attack... When I could control myself or think straight, I had the site foreman call for a ambulance.

I had pains across my back my chest, shoulder and weakness in my left arm. When the ambulance finally arrived .... like 30-40 mins... my oxygen level was at a 79% ..! My body was shutting down.

The doctors told me that I didn't have a heart attack, but what they labeled as an "event"., just short of a full blown attack.

I'm not going to mention any details, but with a loaded truck in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't be down. Within an hour of reaching the hospital I was just fine, but the doctors were pretty blunt about me not. I told them I had no one there, had no place to stay to recuperate... I was refusing further treatment until I got home.

So as this moment, I cannot exert myself in any fashion. I deliver in Oklahoma City Monday and then I will be bouncing home where I will contact my doctor and resolve these "issues"... apparently they thought I have some major blockages. I hope to be home by Wens if all goes well.

This heat is serious and one needs to consider it when you're working out in it. I feel fine at the moment, but this has been my second heat stroke event since 2008 and it takes it out of you permanently each time.
Prayers for your safe travels and recovery.