View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 08:06 PM

Default On a serious note

Yesterday I experienced something I don't ever want to again. As some know I am a OTR truck driver. I own my own truck and trailer and haul heavy equipment , machinery and whatever pays the best.

Yesterday I was at a wind mill farm 40 miles from any real civilization loading up some crane boom sections and job boxes when I thought I had just gotten over heated. I went to the truck turned on the AC and started drinking water and toweling off uncontrollable sweat. It progressed into weakness pains and disorientation. I was having a bad heat stroke or a heart attack... When I could control myself or think straight, I had the site foreman call for a ambulance.

I had pains across my back my chest, shoulder and weakness in my left arm. When the ambulance finally arrived .... like 30-40 mins... my oxygen level was at a 79% ..! My body was shutting down.

The doctors told me that I didn't have a heart attack, but what they labeled as an "event"., just short of a full blown attack.

I'm not going to mention any details, but with a loaded truck in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't be down. Within an hour of reaching the hospital I was just fine, but the doctors were pretty blunt about me not. I told them I had no one there, had no place to stay to recuperate... I was refusing further treatment until I got home.

So as this moment, I cannot exert myself in any fashion. I deliver in Oklahoma City Monday and then I will be bouncing home where I will contact my doctor and resolve these "issues"... apparently they thought I have some major blockages. I hope to be home by Wens if all goes well.

This heat is serious and one needs to consider it when you're working out in it. I feel fine at the moment, but this has been my second heat stroke event since 2008 and it takes it out of you permanently each time.