Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:11 AM
Flatrock

Default Hello

I'd like to say thanks to the mod for the approval to this board.

I moved to the Lebanon area 24 yrs ago after starting my trucking carreer, 3 yrs later I bought a truck and I can't tell you when I picked up a pole since. When I was a boy, I lived to fish. When I lived in Fla (18 yrs) if I found a puddle I had a line in it. I've tried once or twice over the last 2 decades but just found myself fustrated. This yr I really want to make a conscious effort to do some fishing. I am looking for a mentor or a fishing buddy, for a lack of term to help me get back into fishing.

I've done the cross country riding on a bike thing only to find myself envious of those wetting a line when I rode by. The thing is I just don't know where to go, what is needed, per say. If we were in Fla, I could tell you, but let's be honest, fishing around Tenn is different.

I have looked on the internet for fishing clubs, but all I found were tournament groups and I have no interest of getting that involved as I still have a trucking company to operate. Thus how I found this board...

Here is the hard part, something I understand all to well.. A good fishing partner is hard to find and lets face it, there has to be a certain amount of chemistry. No one wants to fish with an idiot... LOL Does anyone have any ideas on find someone to get hooked up with ? I'm a 57 yr old, very self reliant man in the Rome area that used to ride , occasionally golfs and would like to recapture my love for fishing. I have my own gear... just don't have a boat and don't know where to go. I'd like to do bass, stripers and catfishing.

On a side note, I don't really drink when I fish, I know some guys can put down a case in a day... I'm lucky to do that in a year.. LOL

Also, what is considered fair in paying your fair share of expenses ?

I appoligize if this isn't allowed here, but I read a post similar to this from a while back and noticed quite a few guys are around me.

Anyhow hope to get aquainted with a few of you some day.