Thread: Fishing license
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Owner and Administrator

Cool Boy !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
I just take a picture of the paper. When I was boarded last year the TRWA guy said that was all you need. He said they can even look it up with your social if you don't have yours on you. Way better than in years gone by. BTW I'm not too happy about the senior license fees....my fishing buddy has one he paid I thing $5 or $10 for his lifetime license, they have gone to like $50. Though when I turn 65 in a few years I can get one for $5, it really irritates me.
9 years ago when I turned 65 Senior Restricted Sport License were free for the rest of our life... don't remember what it cost ... Maybe $5 or even $10, but I really wouldn't have cared if it cost me $50 ... Here is why! ...

The TWRA is an Agency not a Bureaucracy .. In my opinion I have no problem paying any Fee that is required to fish or hunt in this fine state that has done a great job managing.

Statement from TWRA ..

The TWRA is funded by two primary sources: license/permit sales and federal excise taxes (Pittman-Robertson and Wallop-Breaux). Tennessee's allocation of these federal taxes is based in part, on the number of hunters and fishermen in the state.

The TWRA does not receive any funding from the State's general fund (i.e. state sales tax).