Thread: Crazy to think
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:23 PM

Default Crazy to think

I've been lounging around the house for a couple days trying to get over whatever crud I've contracted. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be back to normal. The last couple days I've spent a lot of time thinking about fishing, and was thinking about schooling fish. I'm almost positive that I have not caught one schooling fish all year. I've spent over 100 days on the water this year and I can't think of one schooling fish I caught. I ponder what that means. One thing that sticks out is I fish the majority of the time in the afternoon and rarely see daylight on the water.

I can only remember a couple times that I've seen schooling activity. I spent some time trying to catch some schooling hybrids on JPP with no success but my friend did catch a couple. It might be the drugs I'm on right now talking but the idea that I haven't caught a schooling fish this year seems almost impossible to me. I have a sneaky suspicion that sometime in the next month I'll catch a rockfish or 2 schooling at the steam plant.