View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:39 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTNKayakAngler View Post
Watched the video, and a few other videos on the Excalibur crossbows, and they seem like the crossbow to get. That's pretty darn good for 60yds.
From what I gather, grouping like this is common from crossbows.

What I like about the Excalibur is the longevity of the bow, no moving cams to get out of time, no parts (other than string) to wear out and the fact that they were still going strong after 3000+ shots.

And you can change strings in the field, even in your treestand, in less than five minutes.

No traveling to a shop, no dropping your bow off for two to four days, no paying $100.00 to have the string changed out. (This is what my friend just paid to have a new string put on his bow.....after another shop replaced his other defective string with the wrong string for his bow).

I could probably have tightened the grouping up a little but it was windy and misting rain when I shot this. I figured it was good enough to down "Bambi".

Of course hitting Bambi is a lot tougher than hitting a full sized buck!
And Bambi is going to be a lot more tender than say a 6 or 7 year old doe or buck. And since we can kill 3 per day, shoot the tender ones!
AND! They are much easier to drag out of the woods. I'd much rather drag out three Bambis than one 140 lb buck (average live weight buck in TN).

Being from Illinois, I've dragged out more than my share of 180-214 lb deer and it ain't no fun. (Better to cut them in half and make two trips. Much easier to CARRY 100 lbs than it is to DRAG one 200 lb'er.)

Obviously, that doe is a full mature mama. This year's babies are still spindly little creatures, this one is "full bodied". They walk through my yard almost daily. Heck, we even have a couple with spot still on!

Last edited by agelesssone; 10-28-2015 at 07:48 PM.