View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
(new guy here... hello!)

Lake fishing is pretty new to me. I fished a lot last year on Old Hickory for the first time. I bought a boat this spring and have been trying to figure out the bass...

I like to take my boys out and catch bluegill. We went out a couple of weeks ago with crickets and fished the little coves around Spencer Creek. We caught a dozen, but only 1 worth keeping (we turned it loose).

Any tips for finding them this time of year? What depth were you in? Crickets/worms? You said you were on flats... off the main channel, or in coves? Sorry - I'm not asking you to give me GPS coordinates, but I appreciate any tips.

Hey buddy good to see you over here. There are several of us TNDeer folks around here. I don't catch the gills on OH but on Center hill we catch them on 2-4 lb line with just a hook and split shot. We usually fish coves in water 3-10 feet deep. Just let the hook/cricket sink to the bottom and watch/feel your line. If you get too shallow you tend to catch smaller fish. Oh, dbllunger by the way.