View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveman View Post
Skunked 2 days in a row! Yesterday Apr 30 Fishing for LMB on Drakes Creek rocky points, docks, some laydowns with craw-colored chatterbait/creature trailer, shaky head 7" motor oil/chartruese tipped trick worm, white/white splittail trailer spinnerbait . Fished all really slowly. Water temp 55-63 in 4 - 10 fow. Today in coves out of Avondale fished the same lures around same type structure. NOTHING! Left at noon. I'm bummed
I haven't fished OH much lately but I did catch quite a few last Friday. I fished for several hours in twin coves and caught 2 fish. Water temp was 58. I went to the next pocket down the lake and caught quite a few in just an hour fishing in there. The water temp in there was 64. Every fish I caught in there was in 6 inches of water to 2 feet. The baits i caught them on were a texas rigged rage bug(Strike King) and a buzzbait with a black blade/head with a 4" swimbait. I took the skirt off the buzzbait.

BTW, this is a tip that will help you guys with a buzzbait. I use one a lot and catch a lot of bass on one. I used to miss a lot of fish on a buzzbait. Someone told me to take the skirt off and put something else on. Now I never use a skirt. And it's helped me catch more fish. For some reason the fish seem to commit to eating it better. The baits I use are zoom horny toads, swimbaits, and biffle bugs.