View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
Well Fri after work I went down to Taylor Bay on Barkley Lake and camped out with my son and 2 of the grandkids.We planned to target Redear and Bluegill but I did throw my Mepps quite a bit.After pitching the tent only got to bank fish 30 mintues maybe scored 0.Next morning put in the boat and fished 5 hours or so, my son caught 4 small Gills lost a 2lb catfish at boat, grandson 1 gill.After lunch grandkids went home and my son and I fished couple more hours.My son continued to bluegill fish I just throwed the mepps. He caught 2 bluegill I caught a 4" yellow Bass.I'm no expert by any means but I usaully always can catch some fish;maybe just some small bluegill or 12" bass but I couldn't buy a fish this trip.We fished nightcrawlers,mealworms, and crickets under corks,same tipped on jigs crawled on bottom,and on drop shot and couldn't catch fish in springtime? Some reported better fishing on Ky Lake over the weekend but many struggled as well. Concerned a lot of fisheries are not what they used to be and wonder if the asian carp are putting a hurt on the foodchain.The crappie do not really come up in the bushes anymore on Ky or Barkley like they use to do either.

It is an odd year....this year and last one also. I hammered shell cracker last Wednesday down at Nickajack.........went back Saturday and they are off the beds. I only caught a few fish. Went to Old Hickory today and found tons of beds but few fish on those beds...and the fish that were hanging around were spawned out...water temps were 82 degrees. Some are catching fish while a lot are not. Each body of water is different. I was at Pickwick last week and could not find bluegill anywhere below the dam. There are no Asian carp in Center Hill and the bluegill bite is tough up there too. Don’t know what to tell you except just keep fishing.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk