Thread: OH Lake
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 10:49 AM

Its not just the tourn guys.. I was too tired last night to elaborate my experience at the Cordell hull dam. I had pulled into the lock area and anchored where I could set my rods up and get things from the catfishing put away. Here comes 3 bozos in their 14' flat bottom boat, obviously over loaded with fatass. Of course I had my back to them, but kept watch out the corner of my eye to see just how close they would get.

Oh yea, finally I had to speak up when they got close enough I could cast over them if I wanted.. Final I ask them if they thought if they were close enough in not so friendly tone.

Then in front of the dam, two guys of to the side of the spillway, I parked it in my corner in front of it... It was all I could do to maintain position, but I kept it in a 20' space and away from the other 2 boats and we all were happy... Here comes more yahoos just creeping in thinking if they sneak in, father controlling the trolling motor while his older teenage boy was fishing.

You want to know where rudeness comes from, this is where it starts.. Finally the kid casts over my line which set me off. Again I told I've had just about enough... dad got the clue and move away.

What is it with people... ? I remember a time when people left you to your spot and kept moving to any area. Now they just park it feet away. To be honest its a wonder why you don't see people getting shot.

Anyhow yesterday just solidified why I fish weekday. I can find something else to do on weekends