View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Nice fish. You ain't gotta big to catch fish and you ain't gotta use plow line to bring them to the boat. You may become addicted to light line fishing.
The Ned rig has certainly been my favorite bait since I started using it. Also had lots of success with the old 4 inch Sliders.
I have used a short worm for many years.

I've had that lil 2 pc Shimano for decades... like 35 yrs. (I really had to think about when I bought this rod) I finally had to replace the real last summer after the spools gave up the ghost... replaced it with a castking pontus 2000 with dual drags last summer, which I might add performed beautifully, first time catching anything with this reel... I very impressed with the smooth drag. But yea, I had a blast with this light outfit. That 3.5 lb'r gave the best fight... she was all over the place and took me about 5 mins ??? to reel her in.

You know I've always loved fishing, but never was ever that good at catching. Considering last yr I was still learning how to cast a bait caster, I have to say I have a long way to go, but I'm starting to "getting it"