View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Nice fish man. Glad you caught some. I need to get up there. I haven’t been fishing at all the last couple weeks. Just a heads up. Neither one of those bass were keepers. You can only keep 2 smallmouth on Dale Hollow and 1 has to be under 16” and 1 has to be over 21”

I carry the TRWA bible with me in the boat to make sure because I'm still learning size, limits and fish identity.. and this is what it says...

Quote:
• Smallmouth Bass: 2 per day, 16–21 inch PLR.
One fish may be under 16 inches and one
may be over 21 inches. Includes Wolf River
upstream to South Ford Road bridge.
The way I understand the way it is written is I'm only allowed to keep 2 small mouths between 16-21". One may be under sized or one may be over sized. I based my understanding on the fact that the surrounding lakes are 18" min. The key word I'm looking at is "may be" which gives permission to have 1 under sized or over sized.. I will call game warden today and clarify today as I definitely don't want to be a bad sportsman.

For the record, I do practice catch and release in most cases.

I called TWRA office for region 3 and the woman I spoke with couldn't understand the way its written... so she is having the game warden call me.

Anyhow the digital scale said it was 4.65 lbs. Oh and Crappie was 14"... I created ruler under the lid of my live well where I can't lay the fish against.

Last edited by Flatline; 04-23-2020 at 12:10 AM.