View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
When times were simpler
That is so true. I often think about all the time I spent on that river back then. I stopped going a lot around the time I got my drivers license. But it was a different time back then and I'm only 37 years old now. I was allowed so much freedom and responsibility at a young age. When I was probably 10 years old I was allowed to take the boat out by myself using only the trolling motor and I had to stay inside our small creek. The creek was small enough that I could be seen from camp anywhere I went for the most part. At the same age I was also allowed to take my hunting rifle and walk by myself about a 1/4 mile to my tree stand and deer hunt alone. I was mature enough at a young age that my parents knew I wouldn't do anything stupid or dangerous. Those things don't happen in today's society and are probably illegal. The only thing I did that my parents didn't know about and wouldn't approve of is I had a couple Playboy magazines stashed in my tree stand. Lol, my dad always wondered why I hunted so much even though I didn't see many deer.