View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Dakota S

Default JPP Sunday report and a houseboat

Went out Sunday morning to search and troll a bit. I stayed a little deeper in 20 fow and ended up with 5 crappie and 3 white bass pulling cranks in area I know have brush. I was between Long Hunter and Hong Kong area. I usually don’t pull cranks a lot until temperature is 75–80 but it’s been a crazy spring so I gave it a try. Water temp was 68-71. The 2 biggest Crappie were 15inch then a 13incher.

Now to the houseboat. The houseboat went around me and knew I was trolling as I had my rods out he wasn’t too far away at all when he went by. He goes up another 75 yards cuts right in my path and they yell drop anchor. I was like, you have to be kidding me? There was family on board and I think he was a new owner from some of the comments I heard. I decided not to make a Big seen but this goes to show the awareness on lakes are awful. So be safe this time of year and wear you life jacket. I’m a Navy guy and have had a good amount of training in the water. I’ve always said you can’t swim a lick if you’re knocked out and hit the water. FYI This picture was taken when I heard, drop the anchor. LOL that’s all I can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk