View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:59 PM

I've caught a lot of smallmouth on JPP lately. What I've noticed where I'm catching the smallmouth numbers consistently is there's big rock leading off the bank not on the bank and has a gradual depth increase until the rock stops and then there's a flat at the end of the rock for a distance until it drops off fast and deep. On that flat from the edge of that drop up to where the rock starts has been some real good smallmouth lately. Usually I catch smallies amongst the rocks but lately they've been gorging in that flat/trough section I described. Hope that helps some...
I don't fish for smallmouth in the lakes much because I grew up wading the creeks catching them and that'll spoil you... Catch 30+ in a afternoon and half of them you get to sight fish and watch them come crush your bait! Then the chaos of 3-6 more frenzied smallmouth chasing the one you just hooked trying to eat the bait hanging out its mouth and your freaking out because there's a fired up five pounder with them and you only hooked a 1-2lber but you get to watch it all happen right in front of you and the best part NO PEOPLE!!!! Lol