View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 12:10 AM

Default Strange Hook Ups

No not that kind! That statement would have a totally different meaning when I was younger. I caught a fish the other night and it blew my mind when I saw how I'd hooked this fish. This fish had the hook from my jig through both of its eyes. I felt a hard thump, set the hook, and when I got this fish in the hook literally went in one eye socket and came out the other. It was almost like I hooked it that way on purpose so I could use it for bait. I felt sorry for the fish because I'm sure it is now blind in both eyes and gonna die. We've all foul hooked a lot of fish but this was the strangest for me. Most of my foul hook ups come on a crankbait.

I'm sure some of you guys have crazier stories than this one so let's here them. What's your crazy and weird foul hook up stories? Also, while we are on the weird stuff topic, what's the craziest stuff you guys have reeled in from the bottom of the lake? I fought a tennis shoe all the way to the boat one time and my buddy was standing there with the net for my "giant" bass. Lol