Thread: Boat wanted
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Seems like kind of a weird way to post a "wanted" comment; but it sounds like your budget is <$15k, and you want "new."

If this is your first rodeo shopping for boats, welcome to the show . . . it can be frustrating (both buying and selling). You're gonna look at a LOT of turkeys before you stumble upon an old eagle.

Since Tracker is specifically noted in your options, here's your boat: https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=4883

Like all options, you get to pick TWO:
1) Good
2) Fast
3) Cheap
But you just get 2.

My advice: shop engines. Check the compression numbers, check the lower unit lube for "milk." Run it. Careful with boats' fuel tanks. Internal (especially aluminum) tanks can provide numerous problems by way of the alcohol issues in today's gas. You're buying the engine, not the part that floats. When buying used, try to buy one that is BEING USED.

To me, boats are not hard to work on; and it's enjoyable to make them your own with your own work. Get a good engine, and the carpet, wood . . . almost everything else can be fixed or replaced.

BTW: my 16' boat is almost 20 years old, but it sells (used) for FAR more than that boat I linked to above (yep - garage kept and in excellent condition). Most of us who use our boats, know very well what they're worth (that's why so many are more than 20 years old).

Good luck.