View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 PM

I've been fishing a lot but just not posting much. I've been fishing a lot at night from about 6pm-3am. The fishing is pretty good at all the lakes I've been fishing. I'll give a little report on how I'm catching them.

JPP: The fish seem to be moving around a lot. Points are the deal som nights and shallower bluff banks on others. But we have always found them somewhere and they are biting when you find them. Spinnerbait, jig, and 10 inch worms have been my best baits.

Center Hill: The hill seems to be fishing small. Lots of dead water but when you get around some there seems to be a lot of them. Steep channel banks and on the edges of deeper flats has been my productive patterns. My best bait by far has been a white with black flake tube or a black tube.

Dale Hollow: Main lake grass. It's a pain in the butt to fish but it's holding some good fish. The thicker the better. I've been having the most success by just chunking a tube with a 3/4 ounce weight in there and fighting the grass all the way back. There are small bare spots in the grass and that's where you get bit or on the edge. You can't see the holes at night so you just have to keep casting in it and hope you hit a clean patch somewhere along the way back. It doesn't seem to matter if that clean patch is in 8 feet or 25 feet, you are just as likely to get bit in either. We just fished DH last night and our best 5 fish weighed 17lbs 15 ounces. I'll post a couple of pictures of the bigger fish that we caught last night.

I haven't fished OH much at all. I did go out the other day just because I wanted to fish fast and shallow and I had no problems getting bit. It was during the middle of the day and I just picked up a buzzbait put the trolling motor on high and ran the shade. I fished a lot of grass with no luck but caught almost every fish on a piece of wood. My biggest fish was 3.25lbs but I caught quite a few short fish as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1065.JPG (854.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg (638.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1055.JPG (1.10 MB, 40 views)

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 06-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.