View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldspoon View Post
I have done well at Cedar Creek trolling in the main channel and also trolling the cove entrances neer the main channel. i have also caught a few off the points around sanders ferry area. I have a 50 hp on my tracker but you can catch them using the electric motor to troll. I would use about a 3 or 4 speed setting depending on wind or choppy boat traffic. the real key to success is using a deep diver that runs at least 15 ft. If you are not bumping the bottom in 12 ft then you lure isn't deep enough. Getting snagged is going to happen but you have to get snagged to catch good fish. must have a lure retriever and hope for the best.
Adding a 1/4 oz weight will get an additional 4 ft of depth

I use a rubber core sinker 4 ft on front of my #7 Flicker shade to bump bottom in 15 FOW, 70' back of the boat at 1.2 MPH..
Hopen this helps some.
To see if you are getting to the depth you want, find that depth and troll across it. If the pole stops vibrating and starts stuttering and bouncing, then you are hitting bottom.. If the vibrating tips continues uninterrupted you aren't hitting bottom.