View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryburk View Post
Fished fop tournament on priest today. Caught my two keepers on a buzz bait. Biggest one...a three pounder was right on the bank and crushed my buzz bait when it hit the water. Caught a couple of other fish on lizard, worm. Most were shallow.
I've caught quite a few good fish at JPP on a buzzbait the last couple of weeks and almost every one has been right on the bank in less than 1.5 fow. It's the best way I know right now to consistently catch bigger fish. I've had to cover a lot of different water to get bit but I have confidence in that bait right now to just keep that rod in my hand when the conditions call for it. I might go a couple hours without a bite, but you can pull in the right pocket and catch 2 or 3 good ones in 15 minutes. The best places have been the back of shallow flat pockets with some dirtier water. If I was fishing a tournament on that lake right now and the water temp was above 53, then I would throw that bait all day long. I know that I wouldn't be fishing for a lot of bites but I know I would definitely be fishing with a better than average chance to win.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 03-20-2018 at 12:36 AM.