Thread: Finesse fishing
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
This is something that doesn’t get talked about a whole lot on here. I have a question about line size. I throw all my shakey heads, neko rigs and wacky rigs on medium rods with fast tips. I also use 30lb braid to a 20lb flouro leader. My question is this, is a lighter leader needed for more sensitivity? Should I throw it with 10-20lb braid and a 8-12lb flouro leader for more sensitivity? I’ve noticed this year that I’m not feeling bites. When I pick up the worm the fish is there and I’ve been missing a ton of fish. Mainly with the neko rig. My set up for that is a vmc neko hook with a weed guard and usually a 3/32 nail weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t been a serious largemouth fisherman since around 2004. But I have to say your line size is way too big for the setup you are wanting to fish....in my opinion. I would step down to the 10# braid 8# FC. The lighter the line....the rod.....the more sensitive it will all be. The stiffer.....and lighter the rod...the more sensitive it is. The lines are the same way. To me trying to feel a 3/32 ounce weight with that size line would be difficult.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk