View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
At 30 mph, that's giddi up and go speed... Try not to make the guys that bought the new bass trackers classic with 50hp motors feel too badly... LOL Hell mine with a 75 only cruises at 40 mph, but that's fast enough for me. Now 30 yrs ago I'd be figuring out how to mount a 150 on the back. LOL

Yams are a pretty good motor these days
Yup - I don't have any pics going 30- at that speed one hand is hanging on and the other is on the tiller. But here is one from an early season trip...and I am going upstream...

My boat in my profile pic has a 115 Merc 4 stroke on it. Its a 2012 model so its the larger one - they came out with a more compact version I think right after that year model. It has been trouble free and very low hours -I mainly troll off the electric..and since I bought the river boat a few years back it has mainly been a garage queen. But its a good boat/motor set up and I have no reason to sell it. It maxes out about 45 by myself - which is plenty fast for me - generally run around 30 anyway.. I don't do the tournament thing so speed not really an issue anyway.