View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Growing up we waded some of the smaller creeks and rivers in murfreesboro and frog gigged. I had a blast doing it. I went to Homer again today and found the same small fish, 15 crappie plus some blue gill off the same tree. I also found a few stumps in 13' of water that had some crappie holding on them. I caught a nice 2 pound cat on the trout magnet today, that was a fun fight. I had a bass boat fishing the same bank about 10' away when I hung into the cat. We talked for a bit and I found out he was from Smryna, he moved here to Illinois back in the late 70's to start a trucking company, he told me they shocked the lake a few years back and found some really nice bass in it, I think I am going to try it again tomorrow and just flip the banks because there is very little structure on the bottom in deeper water. I caught another bullfrog on a frog today, twice in a week , this one actually ate the frog. I am looking forward to getting back home, I plan on fishing my stretch of river Sunday afternoon.