View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 07:09 PM

I fished in the surf a couple times in the Gulf while me and my wife were watching the sunset. Not even a bite and I tried several lures.

The guide didn't really give me any super secret info that requires a PM and I wouldn't expect him to since he gets paid based on his secret knowledge. He did give me some good pointers that were enough information to give an experienced angler a good shot at some fish. In the Little Lagoon, during incoming tide, you need to be in front of the pass connecting the lagoon to the Gulf. Obviously during incoming tide the current is coming in and that's where the fish congregate. Look for depth contours via water color/electronics and stay in 6-9 feet of water, that's as deep as it gets. They're in there!

My most productive lures were a 1/2oz Johnson Minnow spoon (gold) with a 3 or 4 inch (I forget) white Gulp curly tail grub used as a trailer on the hook and my Secret Weapon spinnerbaits that I use for bass fishing, with only one Colorado gold blade on it and no skirt. I used either a Saltwater Assassin 4" Sea Shad or the above mentioned Gulp grub on it.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff